Andrew Ly – SEO & Digital Marketing Specialist, Toronto, ON
- Over three years of experience in search engine optimization, yielding a track record of organic growth from small local businesses to enterprise clients.
- Strong knowledge of SEO principles and on top of the latest trends (schema, mobile best practices, on-page optimization, local optimization and technical SEO).
- Experienced with industry standard tools and programs including: Google Products (Search Console, Analytics, Tag Manager, Business, Adwords) Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Majestic, Moz Products (Local, Open Site Explorer), SEM Rush, Keyword Tracking Tools (Positionly) and Buzzsumo.
SEO Manager – Catalyst Canada | Toronto, Ontario
August 2016 – March 2017
Managed over $750,000 in SEO campaigns for enterprise clients including:
- LG Canada
- YUM! Brands (Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut)
- Dairy Queen
SEO Specialist – Powered By Search | Toronto, Ontario
April 2015 – July 2016
As an SEO Specialist, I have handled and worked on clients ranging from small businesses (law firms), funded startups and large enterprise clients (Fedex, RE/MAX). I have helped drive organic growth and leads through on-page optimization, keyword/trend analysis and technical optimization of our clients’ sites. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting in-depth sitewide technical and content based audits for new and existing clients (Identifying 3xx, 4xx, 5xx errors, indexation issues, robots.txt, improve crawlability of site, on-page audit/recommendations, mobile, structured data (schema) and page speed optimization)
- Monthly reporting of KPI’s to clients
- Google Analytics setup, troubleshooting and analyzing trends
- Development and implementing SEO strategies for clients
Content Writer & SEO – Start Keto | http://startketo.com
December 2014 – Present
Start Keto is a site that I founded to further develop my digital marketing skills. Based on a niche lifestyle (diet), I managed the backend of the site as well as the content, keyword research, social media and outreach. Specific roles and achievements include:
- Top 3 rankings for numerous content pieces through the use of LSI keywords as well as researching user intent to create high quality content. The content was able to rank high organically with little to no external links
- Set up and monitored Google Analytics (Tag Manager) and Search Console to track search performance and identify new opportunities as well as issues with the site
- Implemented Schema Markup across the site with microdata and JSON-LD to improve search visibility by enabling rich snippets.
- Customized HTML, CSS and PHP of the site
- Generated revenue through affiliate marketing programs through content marketing, establishing a high level of engagement with users
SEO Guest Speaker – Seneca College | North York, Ontario
Educated students in SMD 103 – Search Engine Strategies by presenting a brief introduction on search optimization. The presentation included an overview of keyword research, on-page optimization and off-page optimization.